This can be caused by one of two things. You can check this by starting ColdFusion from the DOS command line.
- The port configured in the jvm.config (default: 8000) is already in use. Please try a different port. If this does not help, it could also be that multiple servers are trying to start at once; please see this the linked technotes.
- dt_socket.dll cannot be found. FusionDebug needs to connect to a debug transport called dt_socket. Could you please confirm for me that dt_transport.dll is in the folder C:/CFusionMX7/runtime/jre/bin. If it is then the C:/CFusionMX7/runtime/jre/bin folder is not being picked up by your windows path. You could solve this in one of two ways:
- Add C:/CFusionMX7/runtime/jre/bin to your windows PATH variable
- Copy dt_socket.dll to a folder in your windows PATH (e.g. C:\Windows)
Starting CF from the DOS Command Line (make sure the CF Service is stopped first):
- Open a DOS window
- CD to C:/CFusionMX7/bin
- Type: cfstart
- ColdFusion should start and you should get an error message if it doesn’t
||JRun 4, ColdFusion 8, ColdFusion 6, ColdFusion 7, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic
||Solaris, MacOS, Linux, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- FDS-21 – After having configured jvm.config for debugging my server does not start any more!